L’École de Denver is committed to offering an equitable French Immersion program for students from ECE to 6th grade. From La Maternelle to Middle School, we blend the best of the French and American educational systems, gifting our students with deep bi-literacy, whole-child skills and knowledge, and a multi-cultural perspective.
“In this information age, language and culture are the new ‘soft’ware.”
Our school curriculum follows the guidelines of the French Ministry of Education and the Colorado Department of Education.
L’École provides a unique educational experience wherein students learn two languages and two cultures simultaneously. L’École incorporates the structure and rigor of the French educational system as well as the flexibility and creativity of the American system.
L’École is a small school with small class sizes. Classes will be multi-grade and organized by French cycle:
- Cycle 1: Cycle des apprentissages premiers (La Maternelle-ECE: Nursery, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten) Half-Day and Full Day options available
- Cycle 2: Cycle des apprentissages fondamentaux (L’École Primaire-Elementary School: 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade)
- Cycle 3: Cycle de consolidation (L’École Primaire- Elementary school: 4th, 5th and 6th grade)
Instruction Language by Cycle:
|% French Instruction||% English Instruction|
In order to maintain a small student to teacher ratio and ensure appropriate staffing space is limited. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
If interested in applying, please complete an application. Once we receive your form, we will contact you to conduct an interview and discuss tuition, which is assessed on a sliding scale.
We do not require previous French language knowledge for students entering in ECE (La Maternelle) to 1st Grade (CP).
Starting in Grade 2 (CE1) all entering students will be evaluated to assess their proficiency in French. These students will be expected to be proficient (Level A2) in French. While our hope is to welcome all students, those with limited French proficiency will be required to demonstrate a commitment to becoming proficient in French as evidenced by courses taken, tutoring, etc. prior to the commencement of the academic year.
Tuition at L’École will be assessed on a sliding scale. Sliding-scale tuition is based on the principle that a family’s financial commitment should be in equitable proportion to its financial resources. We chose the sliding scale because:
- Our commitment to diversity rests firmly upon this tuition system.
- Sliding-scale tuition enables all families at L’École to educate their children as equal members of an economically, racially, and culturally diverse community.
- We believe that diversity provides the basis for exploring multiple perspectives throughout our curriculum.
At L’École, we aspire to strengthen community bonds beyond regular school hours. We envision community building opportunities including:
- Study abroad trips to France each Spring
- French and English language development classes for adults and children at all levels starting Summer 2020
- After-school programming starting Fall 2020
- CNED courses (National Center for Distance Education, France)